Christmas Day is an exciting day for many children. It’s when they get to enjoy some of their favorite foods, unwrap a few gifts, and generally do whatever makes them happy for a day. Though Christmas was seemingly made for kids, it can be easy to lose momentum after the gift-wrapping phase of Christmas Day. Keep the fun going with this cute and kid-friendly crafts project, which will result in an adorable photo ornament that your family is sure to treasure for years to come. Check out the easy tutorial below!
You will need:
• Craft paint
• Craft glue, like Elmer’s
• Glitter, stickers, or other decorative items (optional)
• Mod Podge
1. Start by painting your popsicle stick any color you’d like. Try red and white stripes for a candy cane look.
2. Next, cut out a circle of cardboard. This will be the background of your lollipop, so make it as large as you want the ornament to be.
3. Then, add the image that you want to use and cut it in a round shape, so it is a little smaller than the round piece of cardboard. Once ready, attach the photo to the cardboard circle.
4. Now, it’s time to decorate your lollipop! Try adding a thick layer of glitter, paint, stickers, or other fun supplies, like pom-poms.
5. Set that aside to dry. Once done, glue your photo to the middle of the lollipop. To future-proof your ornament, seal your lollipop with Mod Podge and allow it to dry completely once more.
6. Finally, glue your lollipop stick to the circle and then add your ribbon. Cut a piece to attach to the top of the ornament, so it hangs from the tree. You can also add a cute bow under your photo.
7. Hang your ornament and enjoy it for years to come!
Optimize every aspect of your life with these interesting tips and ideas, courtesy of the professional team at Oxford at Lake Worth Apartments in Fort Worth, Texas.