As any smartphone owner will tell you, phone cases are a crucial part of owning high-tech devices such as these. They protect your device from damage and the wear and tear that comes with the daily use of a mobile phone. They can even help maintain the resale value of your device! Phone cases are crucial, but unfortunately, sometimes they’re also boring. If you have a plain smartphone case on your device, you might find yourself longing for something more fun and personalized. So, look no further than this DIY tutorial from The Spruce Crafts, which will transform a clear plastic phone case into something trendier.
You will need:
• Clear plastic cell phone case
• Nail polish in three different shades
• A large bowl filled with water
• Toothpick or paintbrush
1. Start with a bowl of clean, room-temperature water. Gather your supplies and have all of your nail polish nearby and open.
2. Choose your first polish color. Use the nail polish brush to drip a few drops of the color onto the surface of the water. You'll want to work quickly but carefully; drop from just about an inch or so above the surface of the water (any higher and the polish will sink to the bottom). You'll notice that the polish will start to spread once it hits the water.
3. Quickly continue in the same manner with your second and third colors, dripping a few drops of each over the top of the first color. Spread them around the surface of the water at random. They should start to swirl around each other a bit.
4. Use a toothpick or the handle tip of a small paintbrush to gently swirl the polish around a bit more, creating a marbled effect on the top of the water.
5. Take your cell phone case and hold it so that the outside of the case is face down toward the surface of the water. Gently touch it to the surface of the water so that the nail polish starts adhering to the case. You shouldn't need to fully submerge the case in the water.
6. Once the case is fully covered in the marbled polish, remove it from the water and let it set out to dry. You may need to gently massage out any water droplets that got caught under the nail polish. If this is the case, just lightly press on the areas with water and work the water out toward the edge of the marbling.
7. Insert your cell phone and sport your custom, one-of-a-kind case!
Want to lead a life well-lived? Start by engaging your mind with interesting, informative material, as these tips and tricks from Oxford at Lake Worth Apartments in Fort Worth, Texas!