The classic meatloaf is a staple dish, and has been for years – centuries, even! In fact, the first recording of a dish similar to modern-day meatloaf dates to fifth-century Rome, with the first recipe for contemporary meatloaf recorded in the late 1800s. Today, meatloaf continues to be a reliable standby for anyone seeking a filling, budget-friendly family meal. Try it for yourself with this Classic Meatloaf recipe!
• 2 pounds lean ground beef
• 1 onion diced small (about 1/2 cup)
• 2 eggs
• 1/2 tsp. ground pepper
• 3/4 cup quick oats
• 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
• 1 tsp. garlic salt
• 1 tsp. onion salt
• 1/2 cup tomato sauce
• 1/4 cup ketchup
• 1/4 cup brown sugar
• 2 tsp. mustard
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Sprays a 9x5" loaf pan with cooking spray.
2. Mix ground beef, onion, eggs, pepper, oats, Worcestershire sauce, garlic salt, onion salt, and tomato sauce in a large bowl, using your hands. Do not overmix.
3. In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, sugar, and mustard. Spread on top of meatloaf and place in oven.
4. Bake for 1 hour and 15-30 minutes, or until meatloaf is cooked through.
5. Let cool for a few minutes and then slice and serve. Enjoy!
Master the art of cooking by joining Oxford at Lake Worth Apartments in Fort Worth, Texas in learning brand-new recipes. Not only will you impress your family and friends, but you will also enjoy a wider repertoire of culinary favorites.