Coming up with new meal ideas can be a challenge. Luckily, Oxford at Lake Worth Apartments in Fort Worth, Texas makes it simple by presenting deliciously realistic options, such as this one!
Speaking of deliciously realistic meal options, it’s hard to compete with a perfectly cooked grilled chicken sandwich. Not only are they a favorite among many, but they are easy to make and even easier to eat. Whether you use a grill or hot range, you’ll be able to indulge in the perfect lunch with this recipe for Loaded Grilled Chicken Sandwiches. Top the sandwiches with pepper jack cheese, bacon, tomato, coleslaw – as the recipe suggests – or personalize them your liking. The ball is in your court. Read on below for the ingredients list and directions!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, 4 ounces each
- 2 teaspoons Italian salad dressing mix
- 4 slices pepper jack cheese
- 4 ciabatta or Kaiser rolls, split
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 4 cooked bacon strips, halved
- 4 slices tomato
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound deli coleslaw (about 1 cup)
- Pound chicken with a meat mallet to flatten slightly. Sprinkle both sides with dressing mix.
- On a greased grill or skillet, cook chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165 degrees F.
- Place cheese on chicken; grill or heat, covered, 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Meanwhile, grill or heat rolls, cut side down, 1-2 minutes or until toasted.
- Mix mayonnaise and mustard; spread on roll tops. Layer roll bottoms with chicken, bacon, tomato, avocado, and coleslaw. Replace tops.