Shake up your household menu – and put your fully equipped kitchen to use – with this easy-to-follow recipe, courtesy of Oxford at Lake Worth Apartments in Fort Worth, Texas.
Feeling less than inspired when it comes to meal planning lately, especially in terms of breakfast? Well, you’ve come to the right place! This recipe for Turkey Bacon and Egg Muffins will leave you feeling inspired! A combination of eggs, milk, mozzarella, turkey bacon, and veggies, this recipe is anything but lacking in protein, Vitamin K, and all the good stuff! To add it to your meal plan for the week, check out the ingredients list and directions below.
- Cooking spray
- 3 slices turkey bacon
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups chopped baby spinach
- 6 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray. In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook turkey bacon until crispy, 6 to 8 minutes. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate, then crumble.
- Add onion and bell pepper to skillet and cook until soft, 5 minutes. Add spinach and cook until wilted, 2 minutes more.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs, milk, paprika, and garlic powder and season with salt and pepper. Fold in cooked vegetable mixture, turkey bacon, and mozzarella. Pour mixture into prepared muffin tin.
- Bake until cooked through and golden, 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool, then store in the fridge in an airtight container until ready to eat.