With November only weeks away, it is likely that your family has started thinking about the upcoming holiday season – including all the delicious menu items that will make an appearance at this year’s holiday gatherings. Though a lot has changed this year, due in no small part to the pandemic, one thing remains constant: good food served in honor of Thanksgiving, Christmas, Hannukah, and other seasonal holidays.
If you ask us, one thing that should always appear on your holiday menu is a delicious, piping hot Green Bean Casserole. Hearty and delicious, the best Green Bean Casseroles go the old-fashioned route, with condensed cream of mushroom soup, crisp green beans, and crunchy fried onions. Recreate the beloved recipe with this simple, four-step version below!
• 1 can (10 1/2 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup
• 1/2 cup milk
• 1 teaspoon soy sauce
• 1 dash black pepper
• 4 cups cooked cut green beans
• 1 1/3 cups fried onions, for topping
1. Stir the soup, milk, soy sauce, black pepper, beans, and 2/3 cup onions in a 1 1/2-quart casserole.
2. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 minutes or until the bean mixture is hot and bubbling.
3. Stir the bean mixture. Sprinkle with the remaining onions.
4. Bake for 5 minutes or until the onions are golden brown.
Shake up your household menu – and put your fully equipped kitchen to use – with this easy-to-follow recipe, courtesy of Oxford at Lake Worth Apartments in Fort Worth, Texas.